23 มีนาคม 2018
A great place to stay in Ao Nam Mao!
1) NOISY air conditioning, noisier some nights so they should definitely get it repaired
2) No proper table inside, while there was way enough room for one...
3) Only one bedside table on one side of the bed, not convenient
4) Not enough plugs for charging electronics near the bed
5) FRIENDLY BUT NOT VERY COMPETENT STAFF : Staff failed to mention the good time for our driver to pick us up on our way back to the airport. It's the hotel who made the car reservation for us. The driver started yelling at us because we were late. He had showed up 20min early and we were not ready, we still got ready within less than 10min. Demanded an increase of 200 baht because he had to wait less than 10min for us. Said he wouldn't drive us to the airport if we didn't give him 200 baht more! One of the hotel staff was there, one skinny guy, very passive. He talked to the driver who in the end gave in. But I was very disappointed in the passiveness of the staff because we actually did most of the bargaining with the driver telling him that we told the hotel 2.30 and not 2, so we shouldn't have to pay more for a mistake that wasn't ours.
One staff girl took 30min to print 2 papers for us... I could have done it myself in 2min...
STAFF is VERY FRIENDLY AND READY TO HELP * BUT * not very well trained in the hotel business, I guess because it's a new hotel.
6) Can't swim in the ocean near the hotel, but that was expected because the hotel is located near a mangrove
7) Pillows were a bit thick and hard, but clean and new.
1) Room very large
2) Bed very large and comfortable
3) Double glazed windows : excellent insulation
4) Room ground floor 4 meters to the swimming pool, couldn't hear a thing outside still!
5) Big bathroom, very very clean
6) Good size fridge
7) Good size couch in the room
8) Very nice and clean pool with sea view, super beautiful
9) Very few mosquitoes
10) Location is very convenient : 20min by bus to Ao Nang, 5min walk to Ao Nam Mao pier from where you can take a boat to all the islands and neighbouring nice beaches.
It's not a party area so it's REALLY quiet. A few nice side-of-the-road cheap but CLEAN restaurants (It seems cheaper restaurants are better and tastier than expensive ones there!)
11) Best value I EVER had in a hotel : despite a few flaws, for the price it was EXCELLENT. We stayed 9 nights there, and we also recommended it to our friends
12) The other guests were super quiet and we encountered no noise issues from them.